Sunday, March 4, 2007

the vermonter


With cake, if you want to try it, then you have to keep it. You can't exactly knock on a neighbor's door and offer two thirds of a cake because you've already had a slice. With cupcakes, I can eat one, Chris can eat two, we can give some to our neighbor, Ben, and our super, Gerard. I can take some to school and maybe even pass a few off on Avideh. I'm going to make a batch a week until I figure this cupcake thing out. Until I've mastered the art of the cupcake.

This week I made maple cupcakes. My frosting didn't quite work, so I made a glaze instead. In the end, they look like naked cupcakes. But, if you've ever gone swimming in a stream in Vermont, then you know that for a cupcake called The Vermonter, naked actually makes sense.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Swimming naked in stream...sound familiar? If you ever make a "Sedona" cupcake, it could be rust colored like the red rock canyons...but the frosting would have to radioactive green...a nod to all the alien sitings they have out there.

sly said...

I believe that you're wrong on this one. You CAN give a cake with a misssing piece; it's called a "Roger."